- $1000 scholarship for associate’s, bachelor’s, or master’s level students
- Application Deadline: August 15
- Available to citizens of the United States pursuing a degree at an accredited U.S. college or university
Are you an aspiring singer-songwriter? Here’s your chance to use your talents to help pay for college!
At BudgetHomeTheater.net, we love movies, and we love music, too! We’re committed to helping young singer-songwriters achieve their dreams. Each fall, we award a $1000 scholarship to the winner of our Singer-Songwriter Music Video Scholarship.
To apply, entrants must:
- Post a video of themselves performing their original song (5 minutes or less) on YouTube
- Include the following in the YouTube video title: “Singer-Songwriter Music Video Scholarship Entry”
- Include the following link in the YouTube description: https://www.budgethometheater.net/, along with your name and the title of your song
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, include 1) a link to the video on YouTube, 2) a statement attesting that you are a U.S. citizen and are not a signed artist; 3) the name of the accredited U.S. college you’ll be attending in the fall; 4) your name and email address.
Oh, and don’t forget to share your video on social media, and encourage your friends and family to comment and share! Use the tag #budgethometheaterscholarship.
Entries will be evaluated based on the following categories:
- Musical technique
Applicants need not be majoring in music to be eligible. Applications that don’t include the required information will not be considered. The winner will be notified by email. If the winner does not respond in 7 days, we will select a new awardee. By submitting your application, you agree to let BudgetHomeTheater.net use your video for promotional purposes. A check will be mailed to the winner’s college financial aid office.
Application deadline: August 15
To read about our 2020 scholarship recipient, click here.